This 2-day course highlights how strong Product Ownership is key to a successful agile transformation. Not only will the course enable you to understand the product owner role in depth, it will also enable you to learn the practices necessary to succeed as a product owner.
In this course we will explain how particular agile or Scrum roles typically manifest themselves in enterprise environments. The course is an interactive workshop filled with lots of exercises whose goal is to demonstrate the difference between traditional and agile approaches to product management and software development. We will also discuss real-world organizational changes such as managing large or multiple teams, release planning and tracking progress through the right metrics.
Most importantly we will answer your specific questions regarding your individual situation and organization.
Intended audience: Ideal for product owners, product managers, business analysts (BAs) and business stakeholders and representatives looking to apply the Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework, including the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team and how to collaborate with them
- Learn how to write effective user stories that meet the INVEST criteria, and practice breaking user stories into smaller stories using the nine patterns for splitting user stories
- Create a viable project vision, release forcast and visualise progress for an agile project. Discover how documentation, governance and reporting differ between a PMI and an agile project
- Experience the product definition process, from visioning to user stories using such tools as Lean Product Canvas and User Story Mapping
- Practice estimating value and using the Business Value Game for managing conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Learn how to create a release forecast without defining each and every requirement at the outset. Understand agile product discovery and the power of iterative methods for risk management
- Learn the characteristics of good, well-formed user stories and how to create them in a structured way
- Learn through doing, building an actual product vision, release forcast and backlog from start to finish
- Understand how to make progress visible and how to facilitate successful delivery of a project to fixed date and/or fixed time
- Attending the entire course qualifies you to receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification.
PDUs and Scrum Alliance SEUs (toward CSP certification): 14
More details are available here.
CROZ offers this training in cooperation with agile42.
Lecturer: Lasse Ziegler
Regular Price: EUR 1000, without VAT
Early bird application (for applications received up to 30 days before course): EUR 900, without VAT
*Disclaimer: Course description taken from agile42.com.