The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training class is a three-day learning experience that provides students a full immersion into Agile principles and the concepts and practices that define the Scrum framework.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games, simulations, and video interwoven throughout the class.
Upon completion of the class, students will be eligible to take the Certified ScrumMaster exam and become Certified ScrumMasters (CSM).
What to expect from the way we train:
Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide, with consistently excellent ratings from participants. In all our training’s we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room. Our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. “When learners talk and teach, they learn.” (Sharon Bowman).
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
Participants may claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Who should attend
The CSM course is appropriate for aspiring ScrumMasters, delivery team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be an effective Servant Leader or Scrum Master within an Agile team or organization.
- Scrum Foundations
- Introduction to Agile Facilitation
- The Scrum Master
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Coaching the Development Team
- Coaching Scrum Organizations
- Daily Scrum
- Definition of Done
- Product Backlog & Refinement
- Sprint & Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- A full simulation of a Scrum project with our famous LEGO® City Game
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Connect agile principles to the core lean disciplines and understand how to apply lean and agile principles to software/product development
- Learn about the trends driving agile adoption and the benefits of an iterative and incremental approach
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team
- Be able to effectively facilitate Scrum meetings: daily scrum (stand-up), sprint/iteration planning, review and retrospectives
- Be able to apply the Agile & Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Work together on an agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn and change how the team works
CROZ offers this training in cooperation with agile42 (http://www.agile42.com/en/).