Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Training Online
agile42’s highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework provides an energetic yet deep introduction to Agile and how it works.
What to expect from the way we train:
Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide, with consistently excellent ratings from participants. In all our training we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room. Our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. “When learners talk and teach, they learn.” (Sharon Bowman).
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
Participants may claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Who should attend
The CSM course is appropriate for aspiring ScrumMasters, delivery team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be effective Servant Leader or Scrum Master within an Agile team or organization.
Understanding the principles that form the foundation of Agile is at least as important as understanding the practices common to each agile framework, whether Scrum, Kanban or any other framework. The training blends an overview of key principles from Lean and Agile with an in-depth discussion of the four key practices necessary for Agile to work. After an introduction to Scrum, the most commonly applied agile framework with over 70 % of agile projects reporting using Scrum in one form or another, we use a simulation – the Lego Scrum City simulation – to help participants immediately put theory into practice.
The simulation provides vivid and memorable experiences that tightly mirror those that new teams experience when adopting Scrum in real life. Emerging the needs of an agile approach through actual experience is much more powerful than simply describing the process in detail. The simulation locks in the learning and drives a much deeper understanding of why critical agile practices exist. Teams that have experienced this simulation exercise repeatedly draw from their experiences here in the weeks and months that follow.
The course is designed for entire product/project delivery teams, not only Scrum Masters, as well as anyone likely to work with or on an agile team. It is ideal for teams or organizations new to Agile that need practical and memorable instruction.
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Connect agile principles to the core lean disciplines and understand how to apply lean and agile principles to software/product development
- Learn about the trends driving agile adoption and the benefits of an iterative and incremental approach
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Development Team
- Be able to effectively facilitate Scrum meetings: daily scrum (stand-up), sprint/iteration planning, review and retrospectives
- Be able to apply the Agile & Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Work together on an agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn and change how the team works
CROZ offers this training in cooperation with agile42 (http://www.agile42.com/en/).
Instructor: Giuseppe de Simone