Q&A: Keep Your Red Hat 3Scale AMP Running and Supported
Here is what you need to know if you are considering upgrading your Red Hat 3Scale AMP.
If you have more questions related to your specific need, feel free to contact us, our API Connect experts are here to help!
Q: What are currently supported versions of 3scale?
Currently, there is one major supported version of Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform:
- 3scale 2.x
- Released – April 2, 2017
- End of Full Support – April 2, 2021
- End of Maintenance Phase – May 30, 2023
- End of Life – May 30, 2023
- 3scale 2.7
- Released – February 21, 2020
Q: Should I migrate to 3scale 2.7 from older 2.x versions?
It is advisable to migrate your 3scale on premise installation to the latest current version.
Q: How to migrate to latest 3scale 2.x version?
You should migrate version by version (for example: 2.5 to 2.6) which means that if you have older version you could need more than one migration. Migration between each of version pairs is described on Red Hat site. Here are general guidelines:
- Make backup before upgrade
- Migration causes disruption for your APIs, provide maintenance window
- Check if some features were deprecated
Q: What are benefits of the latest 3scale 2.x version?
Each new version brings new fixes, new features and improvements. For example with 3scale 2.7 the most interesting of those are:
- Fixed disabling a method by modifying a plan
- Fixed 3scale toolbox command not recognized
- A new way to manage APIs (separation of products & backends)
- API Cast policy to configure Camel policy extension
- 3scale operators for upgrade in OpenShift 4
Still not sure about when and how to start upgrading your IBM Middleware? Contact CROZ for help, we have vast experience in helping companies across Europe keeping their IBM Middleware running and supported in the most effective and optimal way!