DevOps & Cloud
Iskon Internet - IT Transformation Project
Iskon and CROZ have been cooperating on strategic IT projects and initiatives for more than 10 years.
Adoption and implementation of new technologies enables us to innovate and to improve our market position. We are among the first companies in the region who really started to use Microservices architecture. We strongly believe that benefits of this initiative will only grow over time.
Iskon Internet is a telecommunication company whose primary goal is to leverage the newest technology trends and create innovative services, products, and experiences for their customers. Iskon has always been recognized as a modern telecom company focused on providing high-quality and technologically advanced products accompanied by the best possible Customer support.
To maintain their reputation as an innovative company and to increase market share, Iskon started the project “IT transformation”. The project includes improvement of business processes, user provisioning and integration with many external systems which results in numerous services being developed, many of them from scratch. Taking into account years of cooperation and deep knowledge of existing systems, CROZ suggested using Microservices architecture with Red Hat OpenShift as a runtime platform.
This architectural approach is becoming a standard in the industry, although the number of Customers who are brave enough to take this step forward is still relatively small. Iskon has once again shown their readiness for innovation and continuous improvement to stand out above the competition and we are happy to be a part of it.
Major goals achieved using this approach are:
- Speeding up the application development and deployment
- Reducing application downtime between deployments
- Increased application performance
- High application availability
- More control over hardware resources
- Ability to be language agnostic when developing applications and therefore give developers more freedom
- By introducing DevOps reduced operations workload
- Centralized logging
- Increased application observability
Services provided by CROZ in cooperation with Iskon are:
- Microservices consulting, planning and system design
- Installation and configuration of RedHat OpenShift platform
- Establishment of DevOps pipelines and GitOps
- Microservices development
- Deployment of Microservices on RedHat OpenShift platform
- Managed Services (incident and problem management)
The vast majority of Microservices were developed using Spring Boot framework which accelerated the development process and increased application standard. By exposing REST APIs, designed by taking into account Telco recommended standards, we got the flexibility and improved communication between system and development teams. At this moment there are more than 40 Microservices in production.
To automate and use the existing infrastructure we decided to use Jira + Bitbucket + Bamboo Atlassian stack with ArgoCD as GitOps tool, of course together with Sonaype Nexus as artifact repository and SonarQube for code analysis.
And now, after more than 2 years of intensive development, we can proudly say that the decision to move towards Microservices architecture alongside with OpenShift platform was more than right, and timely.
Give us a call if you need help or advice.
Technologies we used
Get in touch
Want to hear more about our services and projects? Feel free to contact usContact us