How we improved security for privileged access users with IBM PAM
Since the beginning of our discussion, CROZ has shown a great level of technical understanding and expertise. With ease, they quickly analyze Customer needs and current environment, define who needs to do what and what are the prerequisites which allowed us a quick project set up and smooth outcome of all defined activities. We’re looking forward to working with CROZ on another PAM but other projects as well.
Together with ATEA – Danish partner CROZ has just finished PAM (Privileged Access Management) project for the Danish municipality (customer from the public sector).
What is PAM and why should you have it?
Well, users with Privileged Access to your business-critical systems have more access and “power” on the IT system than ordinary users. Needless to say, theft of credentials for Privileged Users can be very dangerous for the entire IT system. That’s the reason companies are implementing Privileged Access Management to secure, control and monitor all human and machine privileged identities in their IT environments. Such solutions enable the management of credentials for privileged users, monitoring and recording the privileged users’ activity and controlling privileged user access to IT system components.
What we did for Danish municipality:
We implemented IBM Secret Server (now called IBM Security Verify Privilege Vault) – the IBM’s Privileged Access Management solution to manage the access of privileged users, enabling
- more secure way of accessing the system by internal and external administrative users
- monitoring and recording admin user’s activities
- integration with Microsoft
- Active Directory Federation Services for SSO
- enabling IBM Secret Server proxy for creating a controlled way of accessing the servers
- education of end-users on how to use the new product
- creating IBM Secret Server user groups, roles, and secret folders to make administration and sharing of secrets (passwords, certificates) easier
- fine-tuning and hardening of PAM system
- automation of certificate enrolment with Secret Server API
- limiting SSH shell access
- automated scanning and discovery of privilege accounts for existing AD environment and Web password manager
Security threats are dangerous and unpredictable, but our goal is to provide our customers with the highest possible security. That’s why we choose IBM PAM. It allows you better control over users with privileged access activities. As a result, you can see who, when, and for how long used a specific system.
Technologies we used
Get in touch
Want to hear more about our services and projects? Feel free to contact usContact us