It's time for a new edition of CROZ Gravel!
3 minute read
For the third year in a row, a group of CROZ cycling enthusiasts is organizing the CROZ Gravel – a cycling tour through the wonderful Vukomeričke gorice.
Gravel cycling means that we will ride bikes on the road, but also on forest and macadam paths. Don’t worry, we have a route for both ambitious and recreational riders. 😉
We are happy to invite all our clients, partners, and cycling fans to join us on this tour on June 11, 2022.
📣 To warm up well before pedaling, we invited Silvijo Pale-Halić as a guest. Silvijo is the good spirit of the Croatian randonneur scene, responsible for our brevets pedaling in the Croatian jersey. In his lecture 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿 (or brevetaš in our language), Silvijo will describe his journey from a middle-aged man to a tireless brevetaš with 22,748 kilometers driven last year. He will also tell us his impressions from last year’s edition of the world’s largest and most famous patent, Paris-Brest-Paris (https://www.paris-brest-paris.org/).
The start and finish of the tour are at Cowboy resort in Markuševec Turopoljski. The gathering will start at 9:00 AM – with coffee and preparation talk, as well as an ordinary day at CROZ.
Participants can choose between the long route (41 km) and the short route (22 km). We are starting the Gravel as a group, there won’t be any control spots or time measuring – just pure fun.
Lunch will be provided for all participants. All the calories burned in cycling should be fairly recovered. 😉
You can register for the CROZ Gravel until June 3 here.
The agenda of the CROZ Gravel:
The long route starts at 10:00 AM – the route preview is available on Komoot.
The short route starts at 10:45 AM – the route preview is available on Komoot.
Lunch: 13:30 – 15:00 PM.
GPX files of the routes are available here.
And now little bit more serious and technical information.
- By registering at CROZ Gravel, you state that you are physically capable to cycle the planned route. CROZ is not responsible for accidents and property, or other damage caused by your participation in this tour. The participants must have bicycles in a good, roadworthy condition (trekking, touring, or a mountain bike). We recommend a speed bicycle and minimum 30 mm tire width. We advise you to carry a spare tire or tire fitting.
- It is advisable to carry a spare tire or tire fitting.
- Drive carefully, wear a helmet, take care of yourself and other traffic participants and stick to traffic regulations! Your security depends on you.
- If you are coming by car to Vukomeričke gorice, you can use the parking spot in front of the fire station near the Cowboy resort. We would kindly ask you not to park at Cowboy resort.
- When the tour is finished, please park your bike on the spot that is marked for CROZ Gravel participants, and do not take the bicycle to the Cowboy resort.
- The CROZ Gravel will be organized according to the recommendations of the Croatian Institute of Public Health.
- By registering for the event, you accept photography and the use of materials for marketing activities.
See you in exactly a month!